Veterans Designation on Drivers License or ID Card

Veterans who have been honorably discharged from the military have the option of adding the word "Veteran" to the front of their South Dakota drivers license or identification card. Veterans who wish to add the designation to their driver license or non-driver ID card may visit any South Dakota driver license office. They will need to present their DD-214, which shows their honorable discharge status from active duty, DD Form 2 (Retired), DD Form 2A (Reserve Retired), National Guard Form NGB 22, Uniformed Services ID Card (Retired), or present a certificate signed by a county or tribal veterans service officer verifying their status. They will also need to provide the other documents required of any applicant and pay the appropriate duplicate or renewal fee.

Click here for more information.

Back to Top