To honor and serve our South Dakota military veterans, their spouses, widows, or widowers now and for generations to come. The Michael J Fitzmaurice Veterans Home will consistently provide high quality resident directed long term care by maintaining excellence in personal services and treatment through professional collaboration, innovation, dedication and respect, in a setting that promotes dignity, independence and a home-like environment.
Caring for America's Heroes
- Compassion for All
- Unending Accountability
- Absolute Integrity
- Outstanding Communication
- Dignity for Everyone
- Unconditional Honesty
- Provide superior long-term care and enhanced quality of life for all residents.
- Provide quality advocacy and benefit assistance for all South Dakota veterans and their families.
- Attract and retain excellent, compassionate staff and volunteers.
- Operate with efficiency, innovation and adaptability.
- Increase the accessibility and utilization of benefits and services through advocacy and education.