To honor and serve our South Dakota military veterans, their spouses, widows, or widowers now and for generations to come. The Michael J Fitzmaurice South Dakota Veterans Home will consistently provide high quality resident directed long term care by maintaining excellence in personal services and treatment through professional collaboration, innovation, dedication and respect, in a setting that promotes dignity, independence and a home-like environment.
Caring for America's Heroes
- Compassion for All
- Unending Accountability
- Absolute Integrity
- Outstanding Communication
- Dignity for Everyone
- Unconditional Honesty
- Provide superior long-term care and enhanced quality of life for all residents.
- Provide quality advocacy and benefit assistance for all South Dakota veterans and their families.
- Attract and retain excellent, compassionate staff and volunteers.
- Operate with efficiency, innovation and adaptability.
- Increase the accessibility and utilization of benefits and services through advocacy and education.