To honor and serve our South Dakota military veterans, their spouses, widows, or widowers now and for generations to come. The Michael J Fitzmaurice South Dakota Veterans Home will consistently provide high quality resident directed long term care by maintaining excellence in personal services and treatment through professional collaboration, innovation, dedication and respect, in a setting that promotes dignity, independence and a home-like environment.
Caring for America's Heroes
- Compassion for All
- Unending Accountability
- Absolute Integrity
- Outstanding Communication
- Dignity for Everyone
- Unconditional Honesty
- Provide superior long-term care and enhanced quality of life for all residents.
- Provide quality advocacy and benefit assistance for all South Dakota veterans and their families.
- Attract and retain excellent, compassionate staff and volunteers.
- Operate with efficiency, innovation and adaptability.
- Increase the accessibility and utilization of benefits and services through advocacy and education.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the qualifications for the Michael J. Fitzmaurice State Veterans Home?
A resident of the State of South Dakota, or have been a resident in the past five years. The Veteran applicant must have been discharged under honorable conditions. A widow of a veteran discharged under honorable conditions.
- 2. Does the Michael J. Fitzmaurice State Veterans Home provide assisted living?
No, the Michael J. Fitzmaurice State Veterans Home is not staffed for, and does not receive aid for veterans from the Veterans Administration in an assisted living community.
- 3. What services are included with the cost?
Meals are served three times a day in a neighborhood dining room
Primary Care Services from Fall River Health Services are provided at the Home
Speech Therapy / Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
24 Hour Nursing Team Care
Assistance with Veteran Benefits
Activities -- There is an Activities Coordinator at the South Dakota Veterans Home that organizes the events and activities based on what the residents would like to do for the month.