SDCL 33-6-5 - 33-6-8.1 Provides for Guard members, who meet the requirements for admission, are eligible for a one-hundred percent (100%) reduction in tuition charges at any state supported university
for undergraduate programs up to 128 credits and graduate programs up to 32 credits.
one program of study, approved by the state Board of Education, at any state vocational college
one-hundred percent (100%) tuition reduction.
The receipt of federal educational benefits does not
affect eligibility for this program. To qualify the guardmember must:
- Be a member of the SD Army or Air Guard throughout each semester or vocational program for which he or she applies for benefits
- Have completed required active duty for training
- Attend 90% of drills and training periods and maintain a satisfactory academic grade level
- Provide proper notice to the institution at time of registration for the term in which benefits are sought.
- Federal tuition assistance benefit must be used before state tuition assistance.